Sunday, 1 December 2013

Home made Christmas jumper

So last Christmas a couple of my friends and I decided to make our own Christmas jumpers! And because I only started this blog last May I thought I would blog about it this Christmas. Now I didn't make the actually jumper I just decorated one so it's not as skilled as you may think!

What we used -

  • Primark mens jumper - we chose these because they were bigger then the womens.
  • Felt preferably with a sticky back - we got ours from John Lewis
  • Needle and thread
  • Primark beaded bracelet set - this was just for my jumper.
So how did we do it? Well it was pretty simple really, we all chose a different design and got going. For my Christmas pudding (yes I chose the easiest) my brown and white felt has a sticky back so I just had to cut and stick the shapes on. Then for the holly and had to sew those but I did it quite badly but hey it's a Christmas jumper they are always badly down. And then finally the collar, I'm obsessed with anything that has a Peter pan collar for I cut and stuck the white felt on and then with the bracelet set cut one of the bracelets and sown the beads on individually! That was the time consuming part due to being rubbish with a needle and thread! Finish. Simple isn't it?



Here's a photo of everyone elses jumpers, there's are more artist then mine :)


 I hope you like my Christmas jumper! And you're starting to feel a little bit more festive!
Sophie!

Don't forget you can follow me on 


Share on Tumblr
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. How cute is that! Love all of those sweaters, such a great idea!!! Those photographs are adorable!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, you did really well decorating it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, that jumper is just awesome, it looks so good on you, gotta love christmas even if it is just for the jumpers haha

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! especially the addition of the peter pan collar! :) x

    Hips Like Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you guys are SO crafty! I think the penguin one is my favourite, it's adorable. :)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow they all look so good! mine would look awful if i attempted to make one haha

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like a lot of fun to make! I love the xmas pudding idea :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, this is adorable <3 I love it! Great job! ^_^

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sophie, we met on Saturday on that bloggers meet-up. How are you? I hope you are well. I can't believe you made that, it really clever. If that was me I would get seriously stuck on what to do.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea - love it!

    www.colourmein-sc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are lovely. Feel free to tweet me at @Darling_Sophie

© Darling Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig