Friday, 11 July 2014

What I've learned...

I've been blogging for over a year now so I thought I would share some tips of what I've learnt. Now these tips wont be earth shattering but they are the basics which is what everyone needs at the start isn't it?

Photography
When I first started blogging I was pretty clueless I just did whatever, the worst thing was probably my photographs. So it took me a while to learn this and how important they are. In my opinion your photos are what usually draw people to your blog and to keep them scrolling. I personally still struggle with my photos but I'm slowly improving. Buying a tripod for cheap off ebay was definitely a massive help!! I don't have a photographer at hand so a tripod is the next best thing. And also some advice from the lovely Banke from AstyleDiary about making my photos bigger and the same size has made an improvement., it definitely looks tidier too. So the tip here, big clear pictures which are the same size.


Social Media
Before I started blogging I never used twitter but jumped on the band wagon when I found out about twitter chats and how easy is it to promote your blog on. Twitter is the easiest platform to promote your blog with simple hashtags such as #fbloggers (fashion bloggers), #bbloggers (beauty bloggers) and #lbloggers (lifestyle bloggers) and also to link brands with your posts! Being able to contact brands, pr companies and also the other lovely bloggers is so easy and simple on twitter. 

The next best thing about twitter in my eyes are the twitter chats! These chats  are a lot of fun where you can talk all about fashion or beauty or gain advice etc. You also get to 'meet' so many other bloggers and discover new blogging friends and find some new blogs to read. Some of the chats that I know of:
Mon - #fbloggers: 8 - 9pm  
Tues- #fblchat: 8 - 9pm 
Wed - #lbloggers: 7 - 8pm
      #bbloggers: 8 - 9pm
Thur- #fbloggers: 8 - 9pm
Sun - #lbloggers: 7 - 8pm
      #bbloggers: 8 - 9pm

Also instagram is great promotion for your blog, I feel this platform reaches people who don't necessarily blog but love clothes. My instagram is more of a personal account with the occasional blog promotion but I've seen a lot of bloggers gain loads of followers due to their constant #ootd #notd etc which is amazing. I also feel that instagram lets your readers get to know you more!

Regular Posts
Posting as regularly as you can really helps with building up your blog. I feel that regular posts really help to engage your followers and also gain new ones. Currently I am really struggling with posting regularly, I try to aim to post 3 times a week but life is getting in the way. Some bloggers post daily, I have no idea how they manage to do this, they must have magical powers! If struggling to think of post ideas don't forget social media is great for inspiration or asking for help! Twitter, pinterest, instagram or even reading other blogs for inspiration really helps. 

Being nice and Enjoy!
Last but not least be nice and enjoy! Personally the best thing about blogging is the enjoyment you should get from it! My blog is my hobby so it should be lots of fun and should only be as stressful as you make it. And secondly be nice, if you're reading other blogs why not stop by and leave a nice comment or tweet to show your appreciation, they really can make your day! 

I hope these 'tips' have been useful, I expect more helpful for the newer bloggers. I still feel like a complete newbie, not sure when that feeling goes!

Sophie!

 photo 928935c1-9d78-4c6c-9ed0-bd49c5ee39b6_zps2195a76b.png  photo instagram_zps737b9ddc.png  photo pinterest_zpsd13a2d51.png  photo bloglovin_zpsab453d51.png
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. These tips are awesome! Thanks :)
    Tiana x
    Www.tianaesparon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great advice! totally agree with each point - especially social media!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips! totally agree with everything that you've outlined.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't use twitter much before my blog, but I love it now as much as I hate to say that lol. I will check out the link you mentioned in the photography tips. Thanks.Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are lovely. Feel free to tweet me at @Darling_Sophie

© Darling Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig