Friday, 6 February 2015

Enchilada!

This post is a little different to my usual but I thought I would give it ago as I am loving this meal at the moment! I'm going crazy for pinterest lately and all the amazing recipes that are on there. I came across this delicious healthier take on an enchilada by food blogger Damn Delicious! Basically you are replacing the bread with quinoa. I had never really eaten quinoa before this and now I can't stop eating it! 

Ingredients:
Enchilada sauce/kit
3/4 cup of quinoa
1 Onion
1/2 tin of sweetcorn
1/2 tin of black beans
1/2 pepper
Cheddar cheese
First off cook your quinoa, probably best to follow your packs instructions. But it's pretty simple, 3/4 cup cover with boiling water and then simmer for around 15 minutes. Whilst this is cooking chop your onion and pepper and drain your sweetcorn and black beans.
Add your enchilada sauce and seasoning if you have a kit. I used a kit because it was the same price as the jar of sauce. And the kit came with two sachets of sauce so I made two lots! Mix everything together and put into an heat proof casserole dish. Now cover with cheese and place in the oven. 
Cook until the cheese has melted and the enchilada mix to hot and bubbling! And your done. 
I added a side of avocado to mine but you can add anything maybe a side salad or nothing at all. This made me about 3 servings, 1 dinner and 2 pack lunches for work.
This is a super easy meal to make and really delicious. I have made this a couple of times already and plan on making it on the weekend too! I hope you like my first food post!

Let me know if you make it!
Sophie!
 photo 928935c1-9d78-4c6c-9ed0-bd49c5ee39b6_zps2195a76b.png  photo instagram_zps737b9ddc.png  photo pinterest_zpsd13a2d51.png  photo bloglovin_zpsab453d51.png 
Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks soo good! There have been so many food posts recently on blogs I really love it, I'm intending on bookmarking and trying loads, this is on the list!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible. I too am a fellow quinoa convert. Tried it over Christmas rather randomly and can't stop eating the stuff now! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are lovely. Feel free to tweet me at @Darling_Sophie

© Darling Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig