Friday, 15 April 2016

Cornwall

I recently went to Cornwall to my home town to visit my family and to celebrate my dads birthday. I love going back to Cornwall especially in the Spring/Summer time you just can't beat the sand and sea! Unless it rains all the time then you definitely can. One day I will move back there but currently there aren't any jobs and most of my friends have moved to London too so it seems silly to leave them all. When I'm old I will buy a house that looks over the sea and go for strolls across the beach......maybe. 
Well back to my trip I always have a food check list I need to complete this usually always consists of a pasty, cream tea, jelberts icecream, a pint of rattler, a meadery meal and mead wine. This time I managed a delicious cream tea in Mousehole at the Rock pool cafe which is such a lovely place. You are sat looking out over the sea with a pot of tea and some delicious scones yum. Couldn't ask for more!
On the Saturday night we went to the meadery which is a odd place to describe it's meant to be as if you are in a pirates ship, it's dark, you eat with your hands and get served by wenches....only the Cornish. They serve fried food on wooden plates and super strong wine which always gives you a heachache the next day! We followed this with more drinks and a boogie in the trashiest place in my town. You just can't beat it ha.
I didn't manage a jelberts as they hadn't opened for the season yet, if you are ever in Newlyn then definitely take the visit there! They only serve vanilla icecream and it is amazing, you can even have a side of clotted cream! I forgot to have a pint of rattler probably good as I definitely would have been hungover. 

And last but definitely not least was the pasty! Now if you've never eaten a Cornish pasty then you really need to. And a pasty from Greggs DOES NOT COUNT! Just not even close. I got mine from Rowes which I ate on the train back to London as I ran out of time and it twas bleddy 'ansum! You just can't beat a pasty. My all time favourite pastys are from Philips, sooo good. 

Writing this post has made me super hungry! It wasn't meant to be food orientated but oh well.

Have you ever been to Cornwall?

Sophie!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Food orientated is fine by me! I'm a massive foodie :) I've never been to Cornwall before, but I've always wanted to go. Looks like you had a lovely time! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I miss Cornwall, it's such a gorgeous quaint place! That cream tea looks amazing omg x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are lovely and it sounds like you had a really nice time :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! :) x
    Helena
    http://www.ilenczfalva.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cornwall looks amazing. I need to visit!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of the scones has made me so hungry! So jealous of those right now >.<
    Cornwall is gorgeous - looks like you had an amazing time!

    xx
    http://oliviaemily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Cornwall but I have a few friends studying there, I think. No wonder you got so hungry writing, because I'm hungry reading it! Haha

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are lovely. Feel free to tweet me at @Darling_Sophie

© Darling Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig